Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Spring..! Now Get Your Ass in Gear...

It has been a long Winter and Spring is finally here, so now it's time to get busy again.  I need to get my Sugar Snap Peas in the ground and the rest of the garden tilled & bedded.  My Rhubarb is showing green and I really need to weed the Strawberry patch soon. Unless, I get it together and do something like this:


I've been toying with this idea since coming to the Blue Ridge, and have gardened like this before, but never with Strawberries. Here some Miss Smartie-pants has planted them in re-purposed rain gutters, but I have access to a plethora of #10 cans from the diner, which I would attach to the fence where they'd get a ton of sun.   More importantly, I am getting a little too old to get on my knees for fruits, so I'm thinking that this is the way to go...

Speaking of fruits, Spring always makes me think of Doris Day, so of course, I'm posting a photograph of Rock Hudson:


5 comments:

  1. Ingenious idea!
    And I love a sweet fruit a la Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a brilliant idea.

    The last gardening I did (disclaimer: several years ago) was in pots on the back deck. Easy to tend and kept away some of the critters. The hot peppers were especially good grown this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i suppose rock is looking at your strawberry?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too old to get on your knees? How do you take your fruits these days then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a terribly cleaver idea, and Rock is looking particularly luscious.

    ReplyDelete